Kennebunk police charge four more in prostitution case

By George Chappell | Nov 26, 2012
Photo by: Jeff Lagasse/Journal Tribune

Kennebunk — The Kennebunk Police Department released the names Nov. 26 of four more men charged in connection with the Alexis Wright and Mark Strong prostitution case.

This brings the total charged to 62 men, four who have pleaded guilty.

Kennebunk police Lt. Anthony Bean Burpee said those who are charged used the services of Alexis Wright, 29, of Wells. Wright is charged with operating a prostitution business out of her Pura Vida Studio and an office space on High Street in Kennebunk.

Since the last release of the Kennebunk Police Department’s bi-weekly blotter Nov. 9, there have been two shortened weeks owing to Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving, which makes it difficult for investigators to schedule interviews with alleged suspect, Burpee said.

"Additionally, investigators have been busy the past two weeks preparing information for attorney-requested discovery material in order to meet court imposed deadlines," he added. "Preparation of paperwork and investigations are two very time-consuming tasks"

Suspects added are:

Donald A. Meyer, 41, of Raymond, is scheduled to appear in Biddeford District Court Feb. 20, 2013.

David F. Burley, 47, of Biddeford, is scheduled to appear in court, Feb. 20, 2013.

Christopher Cutshall, 52, of Portland, is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 20.

Roger C. Larson, 58, of Harrison, is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 20.

The list of names released does not include the four men who have pleaded guilty. York County Deputy District Attorney Justina McGettigan said Nov. 15 their names had not been released in the logs because they had already pleaded guilty to the charges.

Maine State Police had been assisting the Kennebunk Police Department for several months with an ongoing investigation of the crimes alleged in Kennebunk from October 2010 through Feb. 14, 2012.

Wright was indicted by the York County grand jury on 106 counts, including charges of engaging in prostitution, violation of privacy, and tax evasion.

Thomaston insurance broker Mark Strong Sr., 57, of Thomaston, was indicted on 59 counts of promotion of prostitution, invasion of privacy, and conspiracy in the case.

Wright and Strong pleaded not guilty in Maine Superior Court in Cumberland County.

Burpee said the investigation continues, and criminal summonses will be issued as individual cases are processed.

The next bi-weekly police blotter will be issued Friday, Dec. 7, sometime during the afternoon, Burpee said.

Courier Publications reporter George Chappell can be reached by phone at 207-594-4401, ext. 117, or by email at gchappell@courierpublicationsllc.com.

Comments (4)
Posted by: SUSAN OVERLOCK | Nov 27, 2012 13:45

The Guilty names are public record, just not in the same report. You have to do your own work if you need to know. As for posting of names, the same goes if you get a summons for OUI, your name is printed before a conviction or dispotion on the case.

 



Posted by: troy a goodnow | Nov 26, 2012 20:02

What if one of them is proven innocent...hmmm...good case of defamation of character



Posted by: Catherine L Leonard | Nov 26, 2012 17:45

I agree! Something is not right when the accused, not yet proven guilty, have their names published but the admitted guilty are spared. I knew there was going to be a way the prominent would keep their names out of print.



Posted by: Stephen B Adams | Nov 26, 2012 17:09

So the accused get their name published but the guilty ones who have plead guilty do not. Something is not right here.



If you wish to comment, please login.