Hiring A Roofing Contractor? Do Your Homework!
Not all roofing companies are the same, and the choice you make when hiring a company could have long-term implications for you financially and liability-wise. For example, did you know that it is your responsibility as the homeowner to verify the legitimacy of a roofing company's insurance policy before hiring them? Otherwise, you could be held responsible in the event of an accident.
When hiring a roofing contractor, bear in mind the following when reviewing and comparing estimates:
Safety – will the roofers wear safety harnesses while working on the roof and wear hard hats when on the ground?
- At Horch Roofing we do. Safety is our number one priority. We take necessary precautions to make sure that our entire crew is safe 100% of the time.
High Wind Upgrade – Will the roofing company put six nails in each shingle and will the installation qualify for a high wind upgrade?
- At Horch Roofing we do. We’ve made it a company policy to put six nails in each shingle. Many roofing companies don’t even offer a high wind upgrade, which in coastal areas can be the difference between water damage from a storm or a safe and sound roof. We offer upgrades to 110 and 130 mph winds.
Warranty – Can the manufacturer and roofing contractor offer a Written, Extended, Non-Prorated, Transferable Warranty?
- At Horch Roofing we do. Only factory certified roofing companies, such as Horch Roofing, can offer a long-term warrantee on your shingles. So when your home is ready for a new roof, ask if the company has the factory certified designation (only 3% of companies have this. To be factory certified, a company must be financially strong, properly insured and professionally managed.
Professional Installation – How long will the installation take? What kind of property protection? Will the roofer be around to fix or address any roofing problems that may arise in the future?
- Horch Roofing is one of the fastest roofing specialists in the area and we will have your project completed in 3-5 days. Because we have a large staff, if requested, we can finish your project in 1 day. With Horch Roofing your entire property is protected while we work. We keep your home watertight and safe from the moment we begin your roofing project. And we pride ourselves in taking care of your siding, windows, flowers, and deck while we work.
Communication – our staff knows how important it is to get answers to your questions and concerns. After all, putting on a new roof is expensive and protects you, your home, and your belongings.
- At Horch Roofing, our knowledgeable, experienced staff is always available to answer your questions and process your concerns at any point in your roofing project.
Insurance – does the roofer have current “Roofer’s Liability Insurance” and Workers' Compensation Insurance?
- At Horch Roofing, we protect you with $1 million dollars of Roofers Liability Insurance and all of our workers are covered under our Workers’ Compensation policy. But don’t take our word for it! Call Carol Kelley, our Insurance Account Executive at the Cross Agency (207.338.5430 or 800-457-5430) to hear about our policy and find out why you want a contractor who’s truly Fully Insured.
Horch Roofing is Midcoast Maine’s largest and most experienced roofing contractors. We have been roofing Maine homes in Rockland, Camden, Thomaston, Rockport, Union, Warren, and Waldoboro since 2002, and continue to offer the best quality roofing job to our clients. For more information, visit our website at http://www.horchroofing.com, our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HorchRoofing or give us a call at (207)-273-1111.