Getting the Most Out of Skating Lessons
Follow these simple tips to get the most out of skating lessons:
1. Listen attentively. Try the skill, try it again, ask a question if you don't understand, and try it again. Your instructor should be able to show you the skill, bear it down into easy steps, and offer a few suggestions for quick mastery.
2. Be a courteous skater, watch where you are going, and always skate in control.
3. Be prepared for your lesson with the correct fitting skates, warm attire and gloves or mittens.
4. Be on time! Arrive at least 15 minutes before class time.
5. Relax, smile, and have fun!
The 2012-2013 Skating Season starts on Saturday, October 20th at the Midcoast Recreation Center in Rockport. For more information go to www.maineskaters.com.