Furnace malfunction bathes neighborhood in fumes

By Stephanie Grinnell | Feb 26, 2014
Photo by: Stephanie Grinnell A furnace malfunction was reported at 17 Ames Terrace on Feb. 26.

Camden — The area surrounding 17 Ames Terrace was swathed in a light haze of smoke and the pungent fumes of burning heating oil the evening of Feb. 26.

Camden Fire Chief Chris Farley said a furnace malfunction inside the trailer at that location was to blame. Firefighters from Camden assisted in shutting down the furnace shortly after 5 p.m.

The residents were not expected to stay at the home.

(Photo by: Stephanie Grinnell)
Firefighters from Camden take a fire extinguisher inside the trailer located at 17 Ames Terrace, where there was a furnace malfunction. (Photo by: Stephanie Grinnell)
(Photo by: Stephanie Grinnell)
Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.

Staff Profile

Stephanie Grinnell
(207) 338-3333 ext. 110
Email Me

Stephanie is editor of The Republican Journal in Belfast. She previously served as editor of Camden Herald following its return in April 2012.

Stephanie also was editor of VillageSoup's Capital Weekly in Augusta and has nearly a decade of experience in the newspaper business ranging from southern and central Maine to Waldo County.

Outside the office, she enjoys reading, cooking and gardening.

Stephanie lives in Washington with her husband Jeff, four children, a dog named Chewbacca, a rabbit and chickens.

Recent Stories by Stephanie Grinnell