Five Fall Tips For Fido!
The staff of The Camden Hospital for Animlas invite you to follow these five tips to help you and your four legged friend enjoy what most people say is their favorite season!
1. Be stylish in your blaze orange! Be seen and be safe! Just because it is getting darker earlier doesn’t mean you can't enjoy your walks. Make sure you both have on reflective gear so you can be spotted by drivers and hunters alike. On the road and in the woods, don't leave home without your orange.
2. The season is called Fall for a reason. Be aware that acorns and oak leaves are toxic to dogs. Don't let canines snack on acorns ore let them drink water from bowls or streams that have oak leaves soaking in them.
3. Don't stop flea control. Keep giving you pets’ flea control year round if possible. Colder temps don't kill them off; it just delays the hatching process. Ticks are also very active this time of year as well.
4. Be careful with use of Rodenticides. Uses of Rodenticides increases in the fall as rodents try to make their way indoors for warmth. Rodenticides are highly toxic to pets and can be fatal if ingested.
5. Training refresher. If you laid low through the summer heat and are ready to enjoy the great outdoors with your dog again, brush up on your dogs "Come" response as well as "Stay". Both of these commands could be life savers while you are out exploring.
If you have any questions or need help with other pet related issues, call our office at 236-2311, visit our website and LIKE us on Facebook for more great tips, photos and promos. We are AAHA Accredited, a Certified Cat Friendly Practice and are accepting new clients!