Dog License Renewal
Is your dog licensed? Licenses expire at the end of the year and renewals are due to avoid fines. Some, but not all, Maine towns offer online registration to streamline the renewal process. If you register your dogs at the town office you will need a copy of your dogs' Rabies Vaccination Certificate as well as proof of spay/neuter if applicable. Certificates are given out at the time of vaccination and should be kept in a safe place with your pets health history information. Replacement copies can be obtained if you contact your veterinarian's office. Rabies tags can not be re-issued since they are numbered and paired with the individual vaccine.
Dog License fees help:
- Local Animal Control Officers and State Humane Agents
- Investigation of animal cruelty complaints and enforcement of animal welfare laws
- Compliance with rabies vaccination of dogs
- Care for sick and injured stray animals
- Return of lost dogs to their owners