Woman charged with OUI

Crash demolishes power pole, truck

Dec 14, 2013
Courtesy of: Rockland Fire Department

Rockland — Rockland Fire and Emergency Medical Services was called to a crash at 3 Camden St. just after 7 p.m. Dec. 13.

A 38-year-old Waldoboro woman was arrested for operating under the influence of drugs, operating without a license, and three counts of possession of drugs after she was evaluated and released from the hospital, according to Sgt. Ken Smith of the Rockland Police Department.

Aleisa Demichael was driving south on Camden Street when she crossed the center line, and continued through a weigh station fence before the truck settled on a hill, stopped by trees and rocks, said Smith.

According to first responders, the truck also struck a utility pole, breaking it off and causing most of the North End to lose power.

The 2011 Nissan Frontier was destroyed. Speed is also considered to be a cause of the crash.

(Courtesy of: Rockland Fire Department)
Comments (4)
Posted by: Amanda Parten | Dec 14, 2013 22:57

Stupid is as what stupid does. I couldn't agree more with Ms. Wass and Ms.Barnard. What a pathetic situation that could have easily resulted in her death, and others. Was it worth it? Driving with not only no license, but also having a huge amount of drugs on her person and in the vehicle?  Really??? Glad I wasn't on the street in her path that night! Scary in every aspect...


Posted by: Valerie Wass | Dec 14, 2013 17:48

Thank goodness that she didn't kill anyone!


Posted by: John A Lazaro Beckman | Dec 14, 2013 15:57

She will have to pay for the pole and equipment on it so why not make her pay for the lost income too. I think that is a great idea!

Posted by: Lynne A Barnard | Dec 14, 2013 12:24

I have a ring side seat to the speeding by trucks, passenger vehicles and motorcycles as they barrel along Main Street.  More attention needs to be paid by the police (whether Rockland or State) to slow this traffic down.  Imagine the cost to businesses last night as restaurants were shuttered at the height of a pre-holiday Friday night.  By the time power was re-established, it was 10:00pm.  I would truly like to see an accounting from the business community so that the  individual who caused this calamity is held financially responsible.  Also, it should be noted, that with temperatures approaching single digits many of those who live in town (especially the elderly and ill) where at risk of having to call emergency services for help. 

If you wish to comment, please login.