Considering College? Schedule An Advising Session at University College at Rockland
Registration is underway for the University of Maine Systems' fall semester, which begins September 2. College professionals recommend that potential students meet with an advisor before selecting courses. Career considerations, financial aid applications, and placement testing typically take more time and attention than people may realize. University College at Rockland encourages potential students to contact the Center to schedule a time to discuss their career and educational goals.
An advisor can help a student navigate the processes of academic life and can provide an important source of guidance throughout the student’s college experience.
Topics routinely discussed at an advising session include:
- Admission information, degree offerings, and transfer questions
- Financial aid information
- Disability services information and referral
- Early study for high school students
- Prior learning assessment and advanced placement credit
- Placement testing
- Tutoring, study skills, note taking, test anxiety
- Career decision-making and resources
- Personal support and referral
Each semester, University College offers access to hundreds of courses leading to dozens of degree and certificate programs from the University of Maine System campuses. Degrees in education, health and human services, business, nursing, library science, counseling, and the liberal arts can be completed locally in their entirety.
For more information about programs and courses and to set up an advising session, please contact University College at 596-6906 or visit the website at www.learn.maine.edu/rockland .