Chimney fire draws mutual aid response
South Thomaston — Firefighters from South Thomaston and St. George responded to a chimney fire at 450 Spruce Head Road Saturday, May 17, around 11:30 a.m.
Fire Chief Bryan Calderwood said first units on the scene reported fire coming from the top of the chimney. Mutual aid from St. George was called in after smoke was reported in the attic of the home.
The residence is owned by Rick and June Feld.
Deputy Chief David Elwell had command of the scene.
The fire was quickly put out with no injuries. The chimney needs to be inspected and there may have been some smoke damage to the home.
Courier Publications News Director Daniel Dunkle can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 594-4401 ext. 122.
207 594-4401 ext. 122
Daniel Dunkle is editor of The Courier-Gazette and news director for Courier Publications. He lives in Rockland with his wife, Christine, who also works for Courier Publications, and two children.
Dunkle has previously served as editor of The Republican Journal in Belfast. He has worked as a reporter and photographer in the Midcoast since 1998.
Recent Stories by Dan Dunkle
Feb 11, 2016
Feb 09, 2016
Feb 09, 2016
City to seek bids on public works property, council approves solar resolve, sets education committeeFeb 09, 2016
Feb 05, 2016