Celebrate spring at the YMCA
Rockport — Penobscot Bay YMCA is hosting the annual YMCA’s Spring Celebration of Healthy Kids on Saturday, April 12.
It is sponsored by Harvard Pilgrim HealthCare and Allen Insurance Financial. Proceeds from the event will support the Childcare Program’s new playground.
The fun-filled morning from 8 to 11 a.m. offers active and healthy spring festivities for families in the community and includes:
- Pancake breakfast — family breakfast
- Visit from the Easter Bunny — The Easter Bunny will make a stop at the Y and children will have an opportunity for free pictures with an adorable bunny.
- Easter Egg hunt — There will be plenty of eggs to find that the Easter Bunny has hidden around the YMCA…and whoever finds one of the fiveGolden Eggs will receive a prize.
- Bouncy houses, open gymnastics and balloon artist — There will be plenty of chances for children to be physically active and welcome the spring weather.
- Fire truck tours — The Rockport Fire Department will be here for children to explore the fire trucks and learn about fire safety.
- Gardening with Home Depot — Plant a flower to welcome spring…children will be able to take it home and watch it grow.
- Learn to ride a bike the safe and easy way – Did you know kids ages 3 or even younger can ride a bike without training wheels? New styles of bikes and techniques make learning how to ride easy and fun! Mike Hartley of Maine Sport Outfitters will be at the Penobscot Bay YMCA from 8-11 teaching riding skills to kids and offering tips to parents to make riding as safe and fun as possible. Kids can bring their bikes or use one of the loaner bikes. Helmet checks and adjustments will also be available.
- Build a healthy snack
- Dental health with Mt. Pleasant Dental
- Visit from the furry friends at P.A.W.S
- There will be Strider bike and helmet raffle from Side Country Sports
The Penobscot Bay YMCA’s Spring Celebration for Healthy Kids takes place at the YMCA on 116 Union St. in Rockport. The cost is $25 for family, $8 per adult and $5 per child. For more information, contact Penobscot Bay YMCA at 236-3375 or visit penbayymca.org.