P.O. Box 952
Camden, ME 04843
The Camden Garden Club contributes to the town of Camden and Mid-Coast, Maine in many ways throughout the year:
• Creates and hangs flower baskets and decorated holiday wreaths on lampposts.
• Plants and maintains gardens at Public Landing, Village Green, and in traffic medians; and flower boxes on downtown bridge and archway on Union Street.
• Participates in and contributes to the Town Shade Tree Planting Program.
• Provides post-secondary scholarships to individuals pursuing degrees in horticulture, botany, landscape architecture and design, or environmental science.
• Provides funds for children to attend the Tanglewood 4-H Camp.
• Sponsors wintertime horticulture and landscape-design presentations and provides horticultural advice year ’round.
• Offers monthly programs on birds, butterflies, and other backyard wildlife and provides monthly education on conservation and environmental issues.
• Completes special projects, such as installing a children’s amphitheater at Laite Beach or planting a garden with students at the Camden/Rockport Middle School.
• Makes generous contributions to numerous community projects and organizations.
The Camden Garden Club welcomes you to its many
activities, which take place year ’round and include:
• Meetings at the Congregational Church, Camden, on the fourth Thursday of April, May, August, September, and October, beginning at 9 a.m.
• The Annual House and Garden Tour, the third Thursday in July
• The Winter Horticultural Lecture Series held at the Camden Public Library. Please visit www.camdengardenclub.com for more details.
207-236-8690 • P.O. Box 952 • Camden, ME 04843