"A society can best be judged by the way it treats its animals." Albert Schweitzer
Did your New Year's Resolution include volunteering? The Knox County Humane Society needs new hands, hearts and creative minds to make our community a happier, safer place for animals. Look at some of the ways you can help:
We are always looking for dedicated volunteers to help us care for the animals and the facility!
Besides helping us clean (we always need this help mornings from 8-11am), you may also:
* Bake goodies for an event
* Walk dogs
* Socialize cats (feel free to bring a book and sit with our cats)
* Answer phones from 8-11am
* Train dogs (regular commitment)
* Bathe and/or groom animals
* Foster an animal
* Help with mailings
* Do computer tasks: design posters, enter data, create reports, etc.
* Work on our trails, gardens or lawn
* Help at special events
* Work on fundraisers
* Run errands (vet, shopping, etc.)
* Mow the lawn, weed, paint
Please note that children under the age of 15 who want to volunteer must be accompanied by an adult.
Please call the shelter at 594-2200 for more information, or contact Joan Vargas at firstname.lastname@example.org.