9pm on Lock Kiermaier's program you'll hear music by Aretha Franklin, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, & Steve Earle and more!
By WRFR-LP Radio | Dec 02, 2013
Friends and Listeners,
First, I want to give you fair warning that as of this morning, WRFR was still having some mild streaming problems. I listened to my sister Jo Lindsay's music program (you should too! In Town Tunes from 9 to 11 AM) and there were intermittent buffering issues that were not regular and very short in duration. The show was quite listenable and hopefully my show tonight will be as well. Jo is aware of the problem and is working with the station's internet provider to solve the problems and with some luck, perhaps it will be fixed by tonight. In any event, I ask for your continued patience; WRFR is a small non-profit, all volunteer, community radio station without a lot of financial resources and folks are doing their best to make things right. Also, one can always listen to the podcast of my show which is recorded directly in the studio and is not subject to internet complications.
OK, back to tonight's musical lineup:
New: Neil Young, Ry Cooder, Mason Jennings, Bob Dylan, Carrie Rodriguez, Shelby Lynne, Greg Copeland, Steve Earle
Old: Josh Doughty, Rod Stewart, Lucinda Williams, The Rascals, Van Morrison, Aretha Franklin, Robbie Robertson, Peter Rowan & Tony Rice, Uncle Tupelo, Jesse Collin Young, Suzanna Chofel, John Prine.
The listening options for tonight are immutable and are listed below.
Tonight's sponsors may sound a bit familiar:
- MeGaTex hiking from Maine, Georgia and Texas
- the Portsmouth, Maine-Hampshire Cabal of Carol, Clarkie, Roland, Tenzing, Plushie, Smoky, Slurrie and Splash
- Camp Bamboozle which locates itself at the Old Settlers Music Festival in Austin, Texas
- Chartrand Imports which calls Rockland, Maine its home.
- The Man They Call Dusty who hails from Tofino, British Columbia;
- Frankie Lehman the Maine Tax Guy from Belfast
- Richard Higgins who hails from Santa Fe, New Mexico