Annual Chamber Awards Gala - Call for Nominations
Mark your calendar and reserve the evening of Saturday, April 20, 2013 for the Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber's Annual Awards Gala at the Samoset Resort.
This annual event is the Chamber's year-in-review gala celebration. Awards and recognition for businesses and individuals honoring Building Improvement, Economic Enhancement, Small Business Development, Public Improvement, and Community Service will be presented. In addition, our most prestigious award - Community Person of the Year for 2013!
Don't miss this wonderful evening of good food, friends, and feel-good fun. At the end of the evening you'll be amazed and proud of our community's successes and achievements in the past year. Fill a table with your family, friends, and business associates and join your fellow Chamber members on Saturday, April 20, 2013 at the Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber's Annual Awards Gala.
Invitations and reservation information will be arriving in your mailbox in early March. Contact Alicia at 236-4404 or email@example.com for more information.
Listed below are the categories for nominating people/businesses for these prestigious awards. Please email your nominations to Alicia Bagnall, Visitor & Hospitality Services Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) please include why you think your nominations best exemplify the award category. Deadline for nominations is February 20, 2013.
COMMUNITY PERSON OF THE YEAR AWARD
- Awarded annually to an individual, who, through his or her professional and civic deeds, has greatly enhanced the quality of life in our community.
- Does not need to be a chamber of commerce member
- Must be a non-board member
- Must be resident of our local communities
- Must have demonstrated community leadership
- Must have been involved with the betterment of the community for at least five (5) years
- Must be credited with more than one area of community service
ECONOMIC ENHANCEMENT AWARD
This award will recognize a person, business or organization that has made a major economic investment or enhancement which has resulted in a significant improvement to the region's economy in the preceding year.
ENVIRONMENTAL LEADER AWARD
- Awarded to a business, individual or organization that has worked diligently to preserve/protect/enhance our environment
- Works in a manner compatible with the environment and/or uses sustainable practices and/or gives consideration to carbon footprint or product or service in the previous year. Serves as a role-model
COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
This award will recognize a business, individual or a nonprofit or not-for-profit organization whose activities have resulted in a significant enhancement of the community and/or positive contribution in the quality of life of local community members.
HERITAGE PRESERVATION AWARD
This award will acknowledge the contribution of a business, individual or a nonprofit organization that has resulted in the preservation and/or enhancement of the history, maritime heritage and/or quality of place of our community.
PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT AWARD
This award will recognize a person, organization, public or private corporation who creates or improves areas that benefits the general public.
INNOVATION IN BUSINESS AWARD
This award will recognize a business or organization that produced advancements in a product or business method that has resulted in renewed economic vitality of its business or the local community in the previous year. This business shall have demonstrated a proactive and innovative approach toward finding solutions to business challenges and embraced change as an opportunity for growth.
SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD
- honors a business of fewer than 50 people
- makes a positive contribution to the community
- is recognized by peers as a leader in what they do
- has a commitment to excellence
- must have been in business for a minimum of 5 consecutive years
Awarded to a business, non-profit or organization who builds a new structure or changes the exterior and interior of a structure and/or grounds which enhances the community image; during the preceding year
This award will recognize a business or organization that has attracted significant positive regional or national attention to the Penobscot Bay region that results in a rise in economic activity for the local business community. honors a business with more than 25 people
SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD
- non-Chamber director
- Demonstrates outstanding service in 1 area;
- Service may be job related